Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic 5W-40 Diesel Engine Oil (1-Quart, Case of 6)
- Full synthetic 5W-40 diesel engine oil with Triple Protection Plus technology protects against wear, deposits, oil breakdown, and improves low-temperature flow
- Exceptional wear protection for longer life in a wide range of heavy-duty engine applications — from pickup trucks to tractors to semi rigs
- Enhanced fuel economy capability of 1.5 percent without compromising engine protection or durability (compared to 15W-40 oils)
- Multi-functional dispersant additives provide an enhanced level of protection against the effects of soot, dirt, and other contaminants (compared to previous formulation)
- Increased shear stability for better viscosity control and optimal engine oil pressure
- Better cold-cranking properties and low-temperature pumpability for reaching critical engine parts faster
- Case of six 1-quart bottles
- Advanced low ash formulation helps protect the exhaust catalysts and particulate filters found on the latest low-emission vehicles
SHELL ROTELLA T6 5W-40 FULL SYNTHETIC
Through the use of Shell’s most advanced technology, Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 full synthetic heavy duty engine oil offers enhanced fuel economy capability of up to 1.5%* that can save money in fuel consumption, without compromising engine protection or durability. (*Compared to SAE 15W-40 heavy duty engine oils.)
Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 full synthetic (CK-4) provides excellent protection against harmful engine wear. In 30 API CK-4 and OEM wear test parameters and 10 separate passing engine tests, the average result for Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 was 50% of the respective limit.
LOW TEMPERATURE FLOW
In an engine motored at -34 °C, oil flow between the sump and gallery was considerably faster with Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 compared to the Shell Rotella T4 Triple Protection 15W-40. This means that the oil reaches critical engine parts faster.
Advanced low-ash formulation helps control blocking or poisoning of exhaust after-treatment devices, helping maintain vehicle emission compliance and engine fuel efficiency
BENEFITS OF SYNTHETIC OIL
BETTER GAS MILEAGE + FEWER EMISSIONS
Synthetic motor oil molecules are uniform in size, which decreases engine friction and improves fuel economy. The less fuel burned, the fewer emissions created.
KEEPS YOUR ENGINE CLEANER
Conventional oils form sludge deposits over time, reducing your engine’s efficiency and lifespan. Synthetic oils resist sludge and deposit formation.
BETTER FOR YOUR ENGINE
Although conventional oil provides adequate lubrication, it doesn’t compete with synthetic oil’s overall engine protection and performance.
BUILT TO WORK. MADE TO PLAY.
You need your hard-working engines to keep up with your demanding workload. That’s why we created Shell Rotella, for hard-working engines to reduce engine wear and tear.
AGRICULTURE & FARMING
Keep your equipment working in the field while at the same time managing your overall costs of operation. Reduce engine wear and tear with Shell Rotella.
DIESEL PICKUP TRUCKS
Diesel engines are a special breed, offering more power and higher torque but with a higher shearing rate and more soot. Shell Rotella’s low-ash formulation provides enhanced protection against viscosity loss due to shear and high temperature oxidation.