Makita XVJ03Z 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Jigsaw (Tool-Only)
Makita’s 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Jig Saw (model XVJ03Z, tool only) seamlessly combines precision and power with the lowest overall weight in its class. The XVJ03Z has a range of precision and comfort features for precise jig saw cutting performance, including less vibration and lower noise for more control and comfort. It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18-Volt LXT series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by 18-Volt Lithium-Ion battery. The Makita 18-Volt LXT battery has the fastest charge time in its category, so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
- Makita built variable speed motor delivers 0 SPM to 2,600 SPM (strokes per minute) for fast and efficient cutting
- 3 orbital settings plus straight cutting for use in a wide range of materials
- Tool-less blade change system allows for faster blade installation and removal for increased productivity
- Large 2-finger variable speed trigger for added convenience
- Heavy gauge, precision machined base for smooth, accurate cutting and added durability
- 18-Volt LXT battery (sold separately) charges in only 30-minutes
- Built-in LED light illuminates the work area
- Compact, ergonomic design at only 6.1 lbs. for reduced operator fatigue
- LXT lithium-ion battery and rapid optimum charger (sold separately) produces 430% total lifetime work with 3X more cycles
- 3-year warranty on tool
- Battery and charger sold separately
I was sorely tempted to splurge and get the Makita brushless jigsaw (currently $269), but grabbed the special offer to get the LXT jigsaw free with purchase of 5.0Ah batteries and charger (currently $199). Cordless saws are Makitas wheelhouse, and this tool lives up to reputation. Feels solid in hand, good ergonomics, consistent power, and easy blade changes. Corded jigsaws are much cheaper, but I am glad I finally went cordless.
Steven Griffith –
I own three other (one corded and two cordless) jigsaws. I couldn’t bring myself to buy the Makita, because I convinced myself that I don’t use them quite enough to justify the cost. So, I fought with the two cordless ones (both of which came with weak batteries) and I generally have to plug in the corded one to finish the work. This Christmas when HomeDepot offered the 4Ah and a tool for $199, I bit. I have to say how silly I was not to spend the bucks and get this saw years ago. First the run time because of the Makita batteries. As I mentioned in a previous post, I’ve had Makita batteries last 16 years, and the 4Ah are wonderful. This tool is crazy good. Makita thought of things (like the removable plastic plate) that keep me from having to cover it in tape. Mounting the blade is a one hand operation, that doesn’t require any tools. As with most of my Makita tools, there is a built in light that makes following the line on the board SO much easier. I like this Jigsaw!!!
Michelle K. –
Im a long time corded tool person. The future of cordless is amazing.
Duncan St. Clair –
Best Jigsaw I have ever used.