Vortex Optics SPARC Red Dot Sight Gen II – 2 MOA Dot , BLACK
Ready to handle any environment, the SPARC features tough construction with a compact and lightweight form-factor. The 2 MOA dot is as easy as point and shoot—it’s quick to acquire in close-quarters scenarios, but fine enough to promote pin-point accuracy at extended ranges. A unique, integrated base is hassle-free for some rifle platforms. For excellent, reliable performance and loads of user-friendly features, look no further than the SPARC.
- The updated SPARC features rugged construction that’s still compact, with a lightweight form-factor. The 2 MOA dot is as easy as point and shoot – it’s quick to acquire in close-quarters, but fine enough for pin-point accuracy at extended ranges.
- With up to 700 hours of battery life on the highest setting, 50, 000 hour on its lowest, and night-vision compatibility at the lowest two settings, the SPARC red dot will keep working in a variety of conditions.
- Increased light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces. Unlimited eye relief for rapid target acquisition. 12 illumination settings allows shooters to change the dot intensity to the situation at hand.
- Highly durable hard-coat anodization provides a low-glare matte surface and helps camouflage position. A unique, integrated base with multi-height mount system allows for either absolute co-witness or lower 1/3 co-witness mounting on rifle platforms.
- O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust and debris from penetrating for reliable waterproof performance in all environments. Rugged contruction of single piece chasis keeps the sight compact and lightweight while still withstanding recoil and impact.
Daylight Bright Red Dot Reticle
- The daylight bright 2 MOA dot is fast and easy to use. Choose among ten variable illumination settings—the lowest two settings are night-vision compatible.
- The key thing to remember when shooting with the SPARC Red Dot is to keep both of your eyes open! Shooting with both eyes open allows you to take full advantage of your peripheral vision to get on target very quickly. Eye placement is not critical.
Windage and Elevation Adjustments
- The SPARC red dot incorporates elevation and windage dials with audible clicks. Each small click will move the point-of-impact one Minute of Angle (MOA). 1 MOA will closely correspond to one inch at 100 yards, 1/2 inch at 50 yards, 1/4 inch at 25 yards, etc.
- Elevation Adjustment
- Remove the turret cap and turn the inner screw counter-clockwise to adjust the bullet’s point-of-impact up; turn the inner screw clockwise to adjust bullet’s point-of-impact down.
- Windage Adjustment
- Remove the turret cap and turn the inner screw counter-clockwise to adjust the bullet’s point-of-impact to the right; turn the inner screw clockwise to adjust windage bullet’s point-of-impact to the left.
Mounting the SPARC Red Dot
The SPARC Red Dot can be mounted at two heights, lower 1/3 co-witness and absolute co-witness. To mount it at lower 1/3, mount the sight as received. The optic center will be 40mm above the base surface. To mount for absolute co-witness you can remove the 3mm base shim. The optic center at absolute co-witness will be 37mm above the base surface. To change the mount height, loosen and remove the four base screws and remove the base clamp along with the 3mm shim. Reinstall the base clamp with the four shorter screws supplied with your Red Dot.