For those who like cooking with cast iron but love the versatility of a clad stainless-steel pan, shop the Viking Blue Carbon Steel 2-piece Fry Pan Set. Featuring both a 10″ and 12″ size for added versatility, this fry pan set is made of carbon steel, an alloy that is a combination of iron and carbon.
The “Blue” in “Blue carbon steel” references a heat treatment process to help resist rust and corrosion, a nuisance that can plague traditional cast iron pans. Stay-cool cast iron handles securely attach to the pans with heavy-duty rivets for confidence in construction and a lifetime of use. Though cast iron also excels at maintaining even heating, it can take time to rise to temperature. Since iron itself is so brittle, more of the material must be used to make it durable, making traditional cast iron pans larger and heavier. With blue carbon steel, you’ll have a pan that is noticeably lighter without sacrificing performance. And like cast iron, blue carbon steel also heats quickly and evenly, reducing the risk of hot spots from occurring.
- As a thinner alloy, blue carbon steel heats more quickly than cast iron while still maintaining its even and consistent heat distribution
- Riveted, stay-cool cast iron handles feature an ergonomic grip for added control and security and a lifetime of use
- Pre-seasoned and ready to use; handwashing recommended to maintain the seasoning and natural nonstick function
- Blue carbon steel is lighter and more maneuverable than cast iron, making it easier for those who struggle with the weight of cast iron
- Oven safe to 450°F, allowing you to deliver that restaurant-style finish
- Made without PTFE and PFOA