Makita XSH05ZB 18-Volt LXT Sub-Compact Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 6-1/2 in. Circular Saw AWS Capable (Tool-Only)
Makita created a new class in cordless with 18-Volt LXT Sub-Compact tools. Makita Sub-Compact gives users 12-Volt handling with 18-Volt performance and compatibility with the worlds largest 18-Volt cordless tool system. The XSH05ZB is engineered for cutting and ripping applications and is ideal for any contractor seeking a more compact cutting solution for framing, roofing, formwork and more. The XSH05ZB is equipped with Auto-Start Wireless System (AWS), which uses Bluetooth technology for wireless power-on/off communication with the AWS-equipped dust extractor (sold separately). AWS is intelligent communication that eliminates cords and reduces noise. The Sub-Compact 6-1/2 in. Circular Saw has a compact and ergonomic design at only 10-5/8 in. and 6.4 lbs. (with 18-Volt LXT Compact 2.0 Ah battery). The compact size combined with the Makita-built brushless motor delivers up to 5,000 RPM and a superior power-to-weight ratio. The saw is equipped with Makita’s Automatic Speed Change technology, which adjusts cutting speed and torque under load for optimum cutting performance.
- Compact and ergonomic blade-right design at only 10-5/8 in. L
- Weighs only 6.4 lbs. with 2.0 Ah battery (battery not included) for operator comfort
- Powerful Makita built electronically controlled BL motor delivers 5,000 RPM for faster cutting and ripping
- Auto-Start Wireless System (AWS) utilizes bluetooth technology for wireless power-on/off communication between tool and optional dust extractor
- AWS capable with auto-start wireless transmitter (part no. 198901-5) sold separately
- BL brushless motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer-life
- Large cutting capacity (2-1/4 in. at 90) and bevel capacity (0 to 50)
- LXT technology delivers up to 174 crosscuts per charge in 2 SPF x 10 SPF lumber using one 5.0 Ah battery (battery not included)
- Automatic speed change technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during cut for optimum performance
- Dual LED lights illuminate the work area
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Aluminum base and magnesium blade cover provide a lightweight, durable design
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- 3-stage LED gauge indicates battery charge level
- On-board blade wrench for convenience
- Built-in dust blower cleans the line of cut for operator accuracy
- Flat motor housing design for stability when changing the blade
Nice compact saw – works great with my batteries from my Makita drill /driver set. Wish it came with a case.
Great drill, great buy!
This was a Christmas present to son-in-law and he just loves it!!!